Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tempo Run

Today's plan called for a warm-up, 2x1.5 mile with a short rest interval, and cool down run.

I am still coming to terms with the fact that this is going to be remembered as the winter that wasn't winter. With a starting temp in the low 30s I was lightly dressed and in good shoes for a run on dry roads and sidewalks.

My warm-up, easy pace run, was a little more than a mile. After ascending a very short hill I began the first 1.5. Felt good and kept adjusting my pace to stay in the target zone.

Spent the short rest interval walking. Just as I was preparing to run the 2nd interval my training partner (riding his single speed bike) announced he needed a bathroom break. We extended the rest interval by nearly 10 minutes as the power of suggestion led me to also need the bathroom. I jogged a bit after leaving the bathroom before starting 2nd interval.

2nd interval was fine. Cool down was probably a little more distance than I needed. I think I was aiming for 5 miles total and I ended up running just more than 6 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment