Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fall Training Plan for Running the Goofy

My next event is the Goofy at Walt Disney World in January 2013. The Goofy is running the WDW half marathon on Saturday and the full marathon on Sunday. After resting for 2 weeks after the Fox Cities Marathon I have started a new training schedule.

  • Monday - cycle or other easy activity
  • Tuesday - run easy or tempo run
  • Wednesday - off or easy and short run
  • Thursday - speed/interval run
  • Friday - cycle or other easy activity
  • Saturday - run
  • Sunday - run double Saturday's distance


My main goal is to get my body ready for two consecutive long runs culminating with a 10 mile Saturday and 20 mile Sunday run 3 or 4 weeks before the Goofy.

This past week I logged about 35 miles. 7 miles on Saturday and 14 miles on Sunday with the last two miles at half marathon pace.

Have your run the Goofy? What training tips or plans worked for you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment